Monday, November 14, 2005

The First Frost

Well, we had our first frost this morning in Bristol. Getting out from work at B&Q at 4am this morning and I realized there was frost on my car. Pet and Yan yelled "oh yeah it snowed!" but I explained to them that its not, and the forthcoming months will be really cold but there will be hardly any snow around here. It have been a good couple of months in Bristol without the coldness of winter, but now here it comes showing its teeth. Give it another few weeks and we'll be all freezing, shivering and trembling numbly all day long. And the forecast says it might be the coldest winter in quite a few years, too.
Oh yeah. Well, about the Nottingham Malaysian Games. I guess on each blog you browse through this week will have an entry mentioning it, huh? Maybe i should too then.
For starters, my car's tyre blown on the way there that morning, haha. Like I always do I was cruising at 90mph (about 150kmh) on the motorway and suddenly I felt the car wasn't stable. It was swivelling left and right, and then 5 seconds later 'boom!' the tyre blown and I tried to control the car and then stopped. Dug was cool but from the backmirror I saw Pimad's face who was sleeping in the backseat doing the impression of "Oih...apa yang sedang berlaku?". At first i thought it was just a usual lame-o flat tyre, but when I got out of the car and saw the tyre, this is really a proper meletup! the outer layer of rubber was not there anymore and the steel wire thread was showing. The 'explosion' damaged the bumper and the bodywork a bit while the new hub cap i bought a few weeks back lost. Grrr. Well. maybe i should just go outside and take picture of the tyre to prove that i was not exaggerating. doo do doooooo...
Will you believe me now?. Well i thought while I'm at it, i might as well took a picture of the frost on my car. Back to where I was. I changed the tyre while Pimad, although half awake when I was trying to stop the car saw the hub cap rolling alongside us, and went out to look for it and found it lying on the side of the motorway. Lucky me. I'd hate it to see my car's wheel hub showing when a lot of rich malaysians who come to Notts Games drove Mercs and Bimmers. Arrived safely in Notts at nearly noon and then bla bla bla the usual Nottingham Games stuffs. But I felt that it has hilang seri a bit, mainly might be because not so many people I know was there. The seniors are mostly gone back to malaysia, and just a few friends from my batch turned up compared to the years before. Haih, habih la aku lepas nih mati kering di bumi uk nih takde member2. These are a few pictures from the event, i need sleep now coz its 6.36am now and i've got classes this morning. maybe i should have slept earlier. ugghhh. i miss my girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

`comel lah ayang sayerrr`looking at pic second last..hahahahahh....

haywiRe said...

apa comel lak...biasa hensem jer tuh hahah