Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bugatti Veyron 16.4


For once, I think, I'm blogging about something that dont have anything to do with me. Not near soon anyway. Blugghh. Not ever actually.
I'm supposed to do uni work, but instead I'm reading about this car. Its the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, a super fast, super expensive car at £810,345. Some of you might not realize how expensive that is yet. To give you an idea, a low-end Porche is priced at £30,000, and the top end is somewhere at £140,000. Even the wooh-woohhhh Ferrari Enzo is priced at £415,000. Imagine £810,345, and I think thats not including the UK tax yet. Try adding the Malaysian car import duty on that. Phew. Not that I just heard about it, this car has been on the news since whenever, and I actually have been reading a lot on it. But it entered my mind again tonight..found few articles about it and for me, the most mind blowing, first-person experience article by Jeremy Clarkson has made this car stitched to my brain right now.
The car goes up to 252mph or 403kph, which at the moment the fastest production car around. All that power and it have 10 radiators which are needed to cool the monster inside. Did you hear me right? 10 RADIATORS! The McLaren F1 is not even in the same league as the Veyron. Eventhough the McLaren could top 240mph, its not stable and pretty much out of control. In a drag race you could let the McLaren get to 120mph before setting off in the Veyron. And you’d still get to 200mph first. The Bugatti is way, way faster than anything else the roads have ever seen.The F1 cars only go up to 360kph. Imagine that? Well, you could argue that the world's ground speed record is 763mph, achieved by Andy Green in 1997. He drove a jet-powered car on a desert somewhere but we're talking real cars here, on the road.
I'm always been a fan of top speed cars. Not that I know a lot, but I've always been doing some speeding in my driving. My poor Rover 214i even reached 210kph or just a little bit over 120mph. And thats because that is as fast as it can get. My normal driving here in the UK on the motorway are 100 to 110mph. No wonder I already got like 4 speeding ticket here in the UK but fortunately have always get away with it. I like to be getting a faster car, at 150mph top speed wouldnt hurt I guess. Wait until I get my hands on my own BMW one day.
Just reading the history and Clarkson's experience has made my heart goes faster. I cant describe it myself. In Clarkson's words:
"From behind the wheel of a Veyron, France is the size of a small coconut. I cannot tell you how fast I crossed it the other day. Because you simply wouldn’t believe me. I also cannot tell you how good this car is. I just don’t have the vocabulary. I just end up stammering and dribbling and talking wide-eyed nonsense. And everyone thinks I’m on drugs. "
"Other cars are small guesthouses on the front at Brighton and the Bugatti is the Burj Al Arab. It makes even the Enzo and the Porsche Carrera GT feel slow and pointless. It is a triumph for lunacy over common sense, a triumph for man over nature and a triumph for Volkswagen over absolutely every other car maker in the world. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VITAL STATISTICS
Model : Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Engine : 7993cc,16 cylinders in a W
Power : 1001bhp @ 6000rpm
Torque : 922 lb ft @ 2200rpm
Transmission : 7-speed DSG, manual and auto
Fuel " 11.7mpg (combined)CO2 574g/km
Acceleration : 0-62mph: 2.5sec
Top speed : 253mph
Price : £810,345
Rating : Five stars
Verdict : Deserves 12 stars. Simply as good — and as fast — as it gets
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say what u want. I'm speed crazy. But I do hope I die peacefully, among my family, at home, and sempat mengucap.
Tapi nak buat cam mana dah jiwa Mat Rempit.
Read Clarkson's review here

4 comments:

m mohamad said...

mana tak gila laju..bawak moto cup ke kl pun 130km/h..sampai2 moto rosak hahahah... bugatti veyron..wont really make it to the market huh ..11mpg je haha gila tul makan minyak..koenigsegg pun laju juga..

Irfan said...

Keja B&Q sampai dpt employee of the month, year, decade...pastu angkat la satu.

haywiRe said...

wey aku pecut RGV aku tuh 160kph la hehe bukan 130...3 1/4 jam je sg petani-KL

haywiRe said...

whatdya mean wont make it to the market? dah nak start buat tau..dah 45 standing order dah skang nih..they will only make 300 units...but bugatti admitted they wont make money out of Veyron but thats the cost to reestablish the brand name