Thursday, April 13, 2006

Usah disebut-sebut, kan dah mai dah dia

Hum. Remember when I told you guys that I got 4 speeding fines that I've gotten away with here in the UK? Well, there's actually a fifth one. Its not me but it is my car. The Old L256HUD. Driven by Pet the third day he arrives in Bristol. Not entirely his fault though..how should he know how the traffic works over here.

I thought I got away with this one as well until this morning. When the letter arrives somewhere in October, I replied saying it was me who's driving the car at the moment (coz Pet wasnt insured to drive the vehicle so I dont wanna make more mess outta this) and I dont have a UK driving licence but instead an International Driving Permit, and hope I wont hear from them again. Thats what I've done with the previous ones anyway. Nearly 6 months later this morning, the reply finally arrives. It reads:

"You are hereby summoned to appear before the Magistrates' Court sitting at Magistrates' Court, North Parade Road, Bath BA1 5AF on the 9th day of May 2006 at 10.00AM....."(and so on)

It even includes some written evidence from the witnesses, namely the Chief of Constable, and the clerical officer in the Camera Processing Unit. They also included a handsome black and white photo of my late means of transportation:

What a good memoir of a recently scrapped and flattened (literally) car. The vehicle was going 50mph on a 40mph speed limit road. For me, personally, I would rather be caught speeding in the Veyron doing 250mph on that road. That would/should make it to the headlines. And followed with my deportation back to Malaysia the next day.

There goes my clean, plain white criminal record here in the UK. Next time I commit another crime, the police would be like "yeah he's not a good boy..he's got a conviction on him once"

First time to the UK court. Gotta take some pictures of the magistrates' wig and outfit this time. Haha.

I'm officially a convict now.

4 comments:

fadh said...

awwhhh~~~ so how did it go dude?

haywiRe said...

hey ape la fadh...9th of may la...

Anonymous said...

ironically, hari yg same jgk aku dok teringat saman tu tak sampai2 lagi. panjang umur. hampeh

toriq said...

fadh tak baca betul2 nih.. kantoi!!!

pet, apsal ko tak dtg edinburgh???