Thursday, April 06, 2006

Story Of A Watch

Hum...thats quite some time since the last update..been to many places since I last updated 3 weeks ago. Been to Nottingham, Coventry, and Southampton. No need to further eloborate these because you guys can catch up by reading other's blog.

The story for today, is the story of a watch. Not much, but considering I'm actually updating is dah cukup besar tuah dah.

Okay, this watch, a Victorinox Swiss Army Excursion has gone a long way back in my memory, at least 2 years. I first saw this watch in Luzern, Switzerland and I immediately fell in love at first sight. I shoulda bought it there and then. But, thanks to others in the Switzerland trip, who says "U dont need to buy it now, we're in Switzerland there'll be many more watch shops and you'll maybe getting a better bargain for the same watch, or some better watch." So I let it go.

Unfortunately didn't come across any more watch shops worth looking at because our Switzerland trip are more of a sightseeing one, not a shopping spree type. Frustrated not getting a watch in Switzerland, I bought a watch for Shu, liking it while a few days later when it arrived to Shu in Japan, the watch is the same as the one her bestfriend there is wearing! damn. But she liked it and I liked it so let it be.

Then I have forgotten about this Victorinox for quite some time until I saw it back in Malaysia (in One Utama to be exact) last summer. But it was the end of summer when I'm nearly broke, which if I saw it when I just got back in June I would just buy it in a flick. So thats a bugger off again.

Its getting boring, but just keep reading coz there's a twist. hehe.

Then, last month my Timex was broken. Used to wearing a watch all the time I started looking for a watch, and living here in the UK and earning in pound sterling I could buy a better watch this time. Then saw the Victorinox again at Redfingerprint.com which is based in California. Ordered it straight away, but getting doubts whether to buy just one better watch for my wedding hantaran or just buy two watches (one for hantaran, one for pakai hari-hari) I cancelled the order. Then few things happened, to cut the story short I ordered the same watch again from the same company.

The website states that "Our operation and distribution centers are located in Asia to lower overhead and shipping cost. This permits us to pass on the savings to you." Okay fair enough they want to cut costs.

Then, today the watch came in from Fedex after 3 days. Half awake, I signed the signature release form and got the package. The document on the shipment reads:

Sender:

Alex Teoh

G20, Pertama Complex,

Jln Tunku Abdul Rahman,

50100 Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia.

Huh. Cut cost la sangat. From Luzern, Switzerland to Pertama Complex, Kuala Lumpur. Whatever. At least I got my watch.

No comments: